Thứ Sáu, 6 tháng 8, 2010

My Love Story

Acknowledgement

This article was originally written in Vietnamese. My partner helped me translate it to English. He also helped me rearranging events and document layout.

First met

We met very late that night.

At about 10PM, a very close friend of mine named Duc (he is gay) called me:
I want to introduce a friend to you. He needs your help. Please call me after work.
My shift was over at mid-night. We met at a juice cafe on Le Van Sy street. At arrival, my friend helped me park the motorbike and whispered:
Please help me go to Vung Tau with this gentleman for a few days.
Initially, I was really scared. I thought:
Who know what this guy might do to me.
Perhaps, I could read my closed friend mind. He insisted:
Don't worry, you are going along with a lot of his family members. He wouldn't do anything! I got a feeling that you might not be able to control your own temptation.
I had pretended to be Duc's lover's girlfriend a number of times. We met the parents just to make them feel that their son is not gay. In the near future, they will get marriage and carry on the gene.

I stepped into the cafeteria thinking another gay situation. The first time looking at him, I felt what a wasted! He has muscular body, white skin. I knew that he is healthy due to exercise regularly.

I could say that he is a type of man that admired by a lot of women. Not just me! I shouldn't be thinking about this non sense. I should try to help my friend.

Vung Tau

The next morning, 15th of June 2006, we went to Vung Tau. He kept me company all the way. He took really good care of me like a very closed friend knowing one another for years.

As I got tired, he insisted that I could rest my head on his laps. I felt safe resting next to him. All my worries disappeared. I was careless about Duc or people around think of me. That was how the bonds between us got tighter.

During our time at Vung Tau, we fell into the endless conversations about family and love life. At that moment, I realized he wasn't gay. Furthermore, he has a six years relationship. He traveled to Vietnam in order to forget.

I still didn't know when we treat each other like lovers. It was so romantic when he held me in his arms at the beach.

I was once breaking up right here. Perhaps, God was giving a chance to start a new relationship.

After returning to Saigon, we remained in contact by playing badminton and swimming together. After a while, I started living with his family and friends. Everything started at the speed of light. Nonetheless, our live were filled of joy and happiness.

New life

After living together, I had changed so much. I was a type of person that couldn't even taking care of myself. Now, I had responsibility for one big family. From that point onward, I imagined myself as a wife and a member of the family.

All relationships must be filled with happinesses and sorrows. Our problems started when I made a wrong decision. I brought my mum and my younger sister to the family. I wanted to take good care of them. He really loved my little sister. He spent an hour teaching her on daily basis. No matter how hard he tried, my little sister refused to learn. For that reason and other problems, we had a number of arguments. He once got angry and threw the keys that broke the glass table. I never seen him got angry like that. I hope I never see it again.

From left: Quang (Danh's cousin), my mum,
me, Danh, my aunt,
my sister (missing the head), Hoang (Danh's cousin)

After a year, my mum and sister went back to their house. Those events during that year opened up my eyes.
If we are not happy, we cannot make other people happy.
Therefore, if I want to be happy and people around me happy. First, I must live happily with him.

Motorbike accident

The most memorial time was the motorbike accident. My money, mobile phone and jeweleries were lost. While I was unconscious, I read his phone number to the person that brought me to the hospital and fainted.

That's me a few days after the accident.
I look much better in picture.
I didn't know how long, when I opened my eyes, the first person I saw was him. He stood right beside me with tears in his eyes. He calmed me:
Don't worry, I'll do whatever I could for you.
I cried repeatably:
Honey! Don't leave me...
At that moment, I thought:
Perhaps, I won't live for long.
My whole body was covered with blood. My legs and arms were really painful. I could hardly open my mouth.

After a few days, my condition was quite stabled.

Right now, I only had faith in him. He constantly reminded me:
You must eat and think positive. You will recover soon. If you keep on crying, your wounds would take much longer to heal. You will make me worry. I could not concentrate on my work. I wouldn't have money to take care of you.

Under this circumstance, no one can help you, not even me. Only you can help yourself now. You must be strong mentally.
Every single words deeply remained in the bottom my heart. I was transferred from one hospital to another. I had a feeling that my injuries were very serious, they could not fix it. Yet, I remained strong!

Operation

The last hospital I stayed for the longest time was Rang Ham Mat Hospital. Everyday, I had to eat super fine blended congee. After 10 days, I had the operation to repair my jaw. My upper and lower teeth were tightly tied together by the stainless steel wire to prevent further damage to the broken jaw.

I rested in the recovery room for one day. After returning to my room, I was fed using the syringe because I did not have enough energy to suck the blended congee. Three days later, I could suck the blended congee by myself. I consumed more food day after day. On average, my daily diet were as follow:
  • 3 x Ensure Milk Can
  • 6 x Bowl of congee 
  • 1 x Glass of orange juice
  • 1 x Glass of grape juice or apple juice
I ate so much compare to other room mates. They only consumed about 1/3 of my diet. The food wasn't bad because I had to think positive. I must eat that much in order to recover quickly so I could go home.

He only spent about four hours per day with me. He also brought the necessary stuffs for me on every visit. Sometimes, he slept right next to my bed because he was restless here and there for me.

During the early period, I could neither walk nor go to the restroom myself. All those activities were done right in my bed. We used our own blankets to cover the bed to keep those curiosity eyes off me.

Ten days after the operation, I could drag myself to the restroom using 2 plastic chairs. It was extremely difficult, but I had to do it! Otherwise, he or someone has to carry me to the restroom every time nature call.

For the rest for my life, I don't think anyone would sacrifice for me as much as him. If there is next life, the life after and so on... I still wish to be the woman beside him. I would bring happiness, warm and tender love for him the way he has for me.

For all those reasons, I recovered quickly. I left the hospital about one month after the operation. I almost fully recovered in about a year.

The Hot Water Machine Accident

On the 30th of April this year, we went to his home town. Five of us: I, Danh, Cong, Quang and my little sister were on a 7 seats taxi to Dong Nai province. That night, we slept at two different houses which was about 50 meters apart. I and my sister slept at his uncle house. Danh and his brother Cong slept at his aunt house.

I just fell asleep, I heard a very big bang on the door. When looking at the watch, I realized it was 11PM. Cong shouted:
Phuong! Phuong... 
Hot water spilled into Danh's eyes.
Cong was shocked, he didn't know how to make me understand. However, I could sense that Danh is seriously in trouble.

Without thinking, I grabbed my sister jacket. I put it on as I sprinted toward the other house. My arms and legs were shaking! My heart beat real fast. At the door, I saw Danh's uncle driving his black Mercedes Benz. Danh was wearing a wet white t-shirt in the front seat. He was gently affixing a white t-shirt with ice onto his left eye.

I tried to keep myself calm. I opened the door and took the back seat. I thought:
What can I say?
I had countless questions on my mind, but I could only asked:
Are you alright?
My mind was too messy, everything mixed up. I didn't know what to do, what to say in order to share his pain.

When we arrived at the closet hospital, Danh's uncle (Tung) dealt with the paperwork. Whilst he was waiting in bed, he insisted that Cong take a picture for both of us. He told us:
Whatever happen, always think positive. Get the best out of the situation. In this case, I am taking the picture so I can use the picture as evidence to sponsor Phuong to Australia quicker.
I tried very hard not to cry. I could not imagine at this painful moment, he is still taking care of me.

That's the picture from Cong mobile phone.
Uncle Tung returned and told us that this hospital did not specialize in eyes. To be safe, we had to go to the main hospital of Dong Nai province.

About two and half hours after the incident, we arrived at Dong Nai province hospital. It cost us 15 minutes to do the paperwork. Another 15 minutes wondering from one building to the next to find the eyes specialist.

He went inside to do the analysis. We all waited outside wishing for the best. He opened the door with the doctor prescription on his hand. He said:
I can still see. But very blurry. I will recover soon.
We all felt much lighter.

We bought the medicines and returned to Danh's aunt home. I didn't know about other people, but I could not sleep at all. I got a feeling that I felt exactly the way he felt for me on my last motorbike accident. I saw my love in painful state but I could not share it. I sensed his feelings and worries but I could helplessly do nothing. All I could do was talk and encourage him.

I was told that the accident happen whilst he was taking a shower. The hot water machine malfunctioned. The hot water host got loosen and ejected right into his eye.

He located the cold water bucket and dipped his face for 15 minutes. He opened the bathroom door and shouted Cong for help. He dipped his face in the bucket again. That's how it happened.

By now, he already slept tight in my arms. Whilst looking at him, I thought:
This man made me madly in love. Sometimes, he made me so sad that I could not explain. Yet, he is tough and strong. He never back off when facing difficulties. Now, he is like a kid in my arms.
Result of the hot water accident.

Pregnancy

Time passes so quick. We already live together for more than four years. I am very happy when I realized that I am 10 weeks pregnant. We are trying our best to bring the best possible life for our baby. I hope that my baby will be born in Australia. Better environment means better health for the baby. We hope that our baby would grow up in a healthy and happy family.

Danh's brother (Hoa) in Vietnam.
We went Vinpearl, Nha Trang.
From left: Danh, Me, Cong, Hoa







We went to Da Lat altogether.
Danh had a bike accident.
He screamed like a little child whilst I am cleaning the wounds.
I rather like Danh flying his remote control helicopter than
going out drinking with his friends.
He was fiddling around with remote control of the camera.
I was writing this love story.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét